Monday, August 22, 2011

It's official.....

KELLY LOVES KINDERGARTEN!!!

When I asked her how her first day of Kindergarten was, she responded "AWESOME!"

I asked her what her favorite thing at school today was, and she said "EVERYTHING!"

After talking a little further, here are a few things she said...

**I LOVE my two big sisters!!! They are so nice...and they even thought my rainbow shoes were COOL!
(Sidenote...Kindergartners get paired with 6th grade buddies (big sisters) for the entire school year. They see them everyday and they walk them to where they need to go after school. Kelly's big sisters are Jackie Olberding & Mariah Pape)
** We are big kids now and we get to go through the lunch line....and our teachers don't even sit at our tables. We can say a little or a lot through the lunch line and we get CARTONS of milk! I picked chocolate milk today and drank it ALL!
(Sidenote...Last year the preschool teacher sat at the tables with them and they ate family style and got glasses of milk. I guess it's cool to go through the lunch line and get CARTONS of milk!)
** We had music class today....and we sang and got to dance too! It was fun!
(Sidenote...They have music twice a week, gym three times a week, art twice a week, and technology once a week. She is going to learn so much!)
** We played a game in our class. We had to find someone with blonde hair and they had to write there name on our paper. Then we did it with brown hair, blue eyes, brown eyes, and glasses. Only one person has glasses in my class. I told my teacher Molly wears glasses but she isn't big enough to write her name on my paper!

Overall....she loved everything! Those were just some of her favorites from the first day. We'll see what tomorrow brings!!!
Kelly thought she needed a picture with her little sister after school! Kelly was ALL SMILES after school!!!

No comments: