Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday DADDY!!!!

Today is Daddy's birthday! Birthdays have always been special to me.....for as long as I can remember. As a little girl, I remember themed parties with favors and games for all the kids. I have many pictures growing up with my Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Bozo the Clown, Cubs, etc. cakes and party favors through the years. I have tried to carry the tradition on with my kids. They each have a special themed party every year that they get to pick! We have an amazing cake lady that always makes something really special! So.....Kelly has really followed in my footsteps as far as celebrating birthdays. She LOVES when anyone has a birthday.....especially when it's Mommy, Daddy, Grandmas, or Grandpas......as they always let her help blow out the candles. The adults mentioned don't get fun character cakes, but birthdays are still a really special day! Kelly has been waiting for Daddy's birthday for a few days now since we put her new Disney Princess 2011 calendar up in her room. She helped me wrap the presents and she made Daddy 4 cards.....along with the one she picked out for him at the store. (That one has a #1 Dad sicker badge that Daddy gets to wear on his birthday) She woke up at 5:30am this morning ready for Daddy's birthday! Of course, we were still sleeping so she had to wait until 6:30am to give him his presents.

Kelly then asks "Do I have to go to school today?"
Daddy says "Yes, and I have to go to work too."
Kelly - "BUT I DON'T WANT TO go to school!"
Daddy - "Why, you love school."
Kelly - "But, it's your birthday and I want to stay home with you!"
Daddy - "Kelly, I'm not going to be home....I have to go to work."
Kelly - "No you don't.....it's your birthday!"

In Kelly's eyes.......Daddy shouldn't have to work on his birthday! (I guess it will just have to be a national holiday!)

The innocence and simplicity of a 4 year old......we all need to follow that example at times!

Happy Birthday Daddy! We all LOVE you!

Daddy & Kelly first thing this morning......Kelly was WAITING to give Daddy all his cards and presents.
Kelly and Daddy wearing one of Daddy's new toys!
(They made them into a big necklace)
The girls got Brian "buckyballs"....they are magnets that you can shape into pretty much anything. They are perfect for him at work when he is on the phone fixing someones computer. A couple other guys at work have them too.


So......Kelly was hard getting out the door today to go to school. She was even grumpy to her best friend Sophia. She really thought she shouldn't go to school on Daddy's birthday....even though Brian had already left for work. When she FINALLY got out of the van.....she grumped going up the stairs to school and wouldn't walk with Sophia.

I guess Daddy should feel special.......because someone named Kelly really thinks he's a great daddy! Happy Birthday!

No comments: