Monday, March 9, 2009

Potty Training UPDATE!!!

I'm sure ALL of you know how I feel about potty training!!!! Last Saturday (2/28), I decided I was going to get Kelly potty trained......as I was going CRAZY!!! I spent all day Saturday and Sunday with Kelly in "big girl underwear". Needless to say, I found out that she went pee-pee around 20-25 times a day!!!! It averaged about every 20-40 minutes. (Since Kelly sleeps around 10 hours at night and takes a 2 hour nap)....she's only awake around 12 hours a day! We had LOTS of accidents and she went pee-pee on the potty around half of the time. Anyways, I thought that she was going to the bathroom WAY TOO MUCH! I decided to call the doctor, as I thought something might be wrong. We have been working on this potty training process on and off for about a year! My motherly GUT INSTINCT was right! The doctor found out that Kelly has a Labial adhesion....which basically means that she never is able to empty her bladder as urine gets caught/trapped behind the adhesion......hence, why she went pee-pee SO MUCH! We have medicine and it should clear up in about 3 weeks. We have a re-check appointment on March 24. I feel terrible that I got SO INCREDIBLY frustrated with Kelly, as I found out it's really not her fault. The doctor told me to take a break from potty training until she is healed. Needless to say, she has gone potty TODAY 5 times already on her own....and only one of those times was her diaper even wet!!!! YEAH, KELLY!!! Hopefully she heals quickly and I can get my daughter potty trained after all!!!!

No comments: