Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 3 is a struggle!

Today was an ongoing battle with Miss Molly!  She wanted nothing to do with her patch the entire day.  We went through 4 patches by 4pm!!!  Yesterday must have been a fluke...because today was the complete opposite!  She wore her patch for 4.25 hours total today!  (Completely different from the 10 hours yesterday!)  Maybe it's the cold, rainy, yucky weather....or maybe it's because it's Friday the 13th?  All I know is it was a hard day for both Molly and I.  I feel terrible for her.  I want her to be able to see.  I know this is really hard for her and she doesn't understand right now that she will want me to do this for her later in life...a 3 year old doesn't grasp that concept.  She just knows that Mommy puts a patch on her eye and she can't see!  She probably thinks I am a horrible Mom to take her vision away!!!  She fell a couple times today just walking....and also hit her head on her wall in her bedroom while she was sitting playing with her stuffed animals.  She hasn't even tried to play with her leapster - and that was her FAVORITE thing before her eye was patched!  I wish I could help her and protect her and make this all better!!!  She has Mommy & Daddy tomorrow....so we will start fresh with a new day!
 You can tell Molly was crying in this picture....it was a rough day!
A little video of Molly playing with her stuffed animals in her bed...she wouldn't wear her glasses this afternoon when she had the patch on for a couple hours.  I don't know why...it was just one of those days!  She has told me a bunch of times she "doesn't want to be brave!"  She didn't say it in this video, but you can tell she doesn't want her eye patched!

No comments: