Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 1 - Molly's eye patched!

Today was Molly's first full day with her one eye patched.  Overall, she did pretty good....I'm proud of her!  I can't imagine what she feels like...having her good eye covered.  She has a strong will and I believe she can get through this!!!  She probably did better than I did at times throughout the day!  It tears my heart to pieces seeing her struggle at some of the simplest things.

**She wanted to watch Dora this morning and asked me to sit with her.  After a few minutes, I looked over and her eye was shut.  I said I thought you wanted to watch Dora.  She said "I can't see her...I am just listening to Dora!"

**It was her weekly story time day at the library.  She was fine at the library and went into the room and seemed ready to go.  After two minutes, Miss Kim came out and told me what Molly told her.  She said "Miss Kim....I can't see the book! ....and she started crying!"

She fought me this morning to put the patch on, so I finally told her if she wore it until story time, we would take it off.  That was the only way I could get it on this morning as she buried her head into the chair!

This is how her day went....
She woke up at 6am....but we didn't get the patch on until 7:45
7:45-9:30 = 1.75 hours
12:30-1:30 = 1 hour
Took a 2.5 hour nap from 1:30-4:00 with patch on
She took the patch off on her own when she woke up!
It took me 30 minutes to get one back on her but....
She wore it from 4:30-8:00pm = 3.5 hours!

**So....she wore it 6.25 hours while she was awake today....a good start!!!
 Here she is trying to make her eye work while doing a puzzle at the library before story time.
 Patch #1 for the day!
 I took this on my phone when she went in for story time.  I told her I would take the patch off, but she just went in on her own and sat down with some of her friends.  It was 2 minutes later I took it off after she told Miss Kim she couldn't see the book!!!  
**I think this picture is adorable because Chase and Ethan were just watching Molly and Alaina be silly!  The boys were watching the girls!!
Nap time.....patch #2
**Molly doesn't normally take a nap, so it was out of sorts that she fell asleep!
Patch #3 at the park this afternoon
It was hard to see her at the park as she was really scared doing a lot of things that she always does!  You can see she is scared in this picture! :(

So...it was an up and down day for Molly!  We hope these next 3 weeks help her eye!!!!

No comments: