Friday, March 5, 2010

Wednesday at the library

Every Wednesday is library day! I have been taking Kelly to the library once a week since she was around 15 months. She was in the Wee Read program from 15 months until she was 3 years old where I was in the room with her. When she turned 3 last June, she moved up to the storytime library program without me! It is a lot of fun for her....and Molly and I just get to hang out in the library with all the other moms and little kids. We get to read books, play with puzzles, etc. while Kelly has her storytime. Kelly's program usually lasts around 40-50 minutes. The Wee Read program is at 10:30am....right after Kelly's 9:30am storytime. This week the teacher asked me if Molly was ready for the Wee Read program. I decided to try it with Molly and she was really good for the first time! The theme this week was Dr. Suess!

Molly & Kelly at home with the Dr. Seuss hats they made in their library programs. Molly isn't quite sure what to think of her big sister Kelly and all her "princess" stuff! Kelly gave Molly a wand to hold as if she is a "princess in training!" I know Molly doesn't have these princess genes in her....could I really have TWO girls totally opposite from me???
Showing off their library hats!
Kelly decided on her own to set up all her princess friends on the couch and sit next to them.....she then said......."Mommy, please take my picture with my princess friends!"
Here she is with Princess Bear, Hello Kitty, and Amy!
On Tuesday night, Grandma Pat and Papa Tom brought a present up to the house for Kelly. While they were out of town shopping, they found the Crayola Crayon Maker that we wanted to get Kelly for Christmas....but every place was out of them! Here Kelly is loading up all the broken crayons in the crayon maker to make new FUN swirled crayons!
Kelly making sure the crayons are set in there just right!
Watching the crayons melt into new crayons!
THANKS Grandma Pat and Papa Tom for the FUN crayon maker!!! Kelly LOVES it and we had a lot of fun making new crayons! I'm sure it will get used a lot!

No comments: