Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kelly's GETAWAY at Grandma & Grandpa's

For those of you who check the blog on a regular basis....I'm sorry! I realize that I have not added many posts lately. Due to my pregnancy, I just have no extra energy these days! I am 10 weeks along today (1/4 of the way there)!!! Brian and I are looking forward to our first ultrasound in two weeks!

Anyway, Kelly had her first GETAWAY from Mommy & Daddy the past few days. She went home to Cedar Rapids with Grandma and Grandpa Murray on Sunday night (Mother's Day) and spent all day Monday and Tuesday at "Gram" and "Papa's" house! I went to Cedar Rapids late on Tuesday night and spent the night and then Grandma, Mommy, and Kelly went to Sesame Street Live - Elmo makes music today! (More about that later!)

My mom realized that I really needed a little break!!! I haven't been feeling the greatest lately, and I am tired ALL THE TIME! Grandma and Grandpa decided to have Kelly play at their house for a few days......AND THEY PLAYED A LOT!!! (while Mommy was at home resting and catching up on things).

Kelly got to PAINT for the first time and spent lots of time outside too! She got to play with her new Nemo ball, and she even got to test her tricycle that she is getting for her birthday! On Tuesday morning, Kelly and Grandma made M&M cookies from scratch...Kelly's favorite! Kelly had a lot of fun and Mommy had a wonderful little break!

Before this trip....Kelly had only spent two nights away from Mommy and Daddy....one for our anniversary last June and one when I was really sick. Kelly really enjoys all the attention she gets when she is at any of her Grandma and Grandpa's houses!!!

Kelly painting a Little People picture for Mommy at her FUN little table!
(Yes, her hair is in her face....Grandma gave up on putting hair pretties in her hair)
So serious....dipping her brush in the water to paint some more!
Playing with her NEMO ball in the backyard with her hair blowing in the wind!
Making M&M cookies.....adding "extra" M&M's on top!
The "best part" of making cookies.....LICKING THE BEATERS!!!


***Coming Soon....more pictures from our Sesame Street Live Show today!***

No comments: